Lily Lolo Natural Lipstick, Berry Crush - Review

19 August 2016
Three of my Lily Lolo lipsticks

I've wrote about my love for Lily Lolo's natural lipsticks before, but after purchasing a new shade recently I had to do another post.

When on holiday recently my mum decided to pinch my lipstick in "Rose Gold" (it suited her better anyway), and promised to buy my another lipstick in replacement. I decided to go for the deep, purple shade "Berry Crush".

Lily Lolo natural lipstick in Berry Crush

I thought a bold berry shade would be perfect for the colder months coming in. Like my other Lily Lolo lipsticks it's strongly pigmented and feels great to apply. Here are some swatches to compare:

Swatches of Lily Lolo's natural lipsticks in Berry Crush, French Flirt and Rose Gold.

From top to bottom (natural light): Berry Crush, French Flirt, Rose Gold.

Swatches of Lily Lolo's natural lipsticks in Berry Crush, French Flirt and Rose Gold

From top to bottom (flash): Berry Crush, French Flirt, Rose Gold.

I'd describe the finish as satin. Not quite glossy, but it has a sheen in the light. I sometimes apply a little colourless balm on top if I want a glossy lip.

Makeup look created with Lily Lolo natural lipstick in berry crush

Makeup look created with Lily Lolo natural lipstick in berry crush

Here is the finished look with the lipstick. As it is such a bold shade I imagine it would go with most, if not all, skin tones. Lily Lolo's natural lipsticks are my favourite lip products, and I can see myself picking up a few more shades in future. If you're interested in these lipsticks check out my more in-depth review here.

Here is a list of what I'm wearing in the above photo:

Honeypie Minerals colour corrector in Green (face)
Honeypie Minerals colour corrector in Yellow (under eyes)
Honeypie Minerals mineral foundation in Fair 
Lily Lolo mineral blush in Sunset
Everyday Minerals all over shimmer in Hint (highlight)
Mineral Powder in dark brown (Eyebrows) - It's an old tub so I don't have the brand!
Lily Lolo mascara in Black
Lily Lolo natural lipstick in Berry Crush.
And a little colourless lip balm for a bit of gloss! 

I prime my makeup with aloe vera gel.
I set my makeup with this rosewater spray.

PS. Keep up with me on Instagram here.
Post Comment
Post a Comment