Lily Lolo Natural Lipstick and Liner - Review

20 May 2016
I've heard a lot of good things about Lily Lolo's lipstick, so I decided to add a couple into my most recent order from them. Lily Lolo are one of my favourite brands, and they've yet to disappoint me. I also picked up an eye pencil, nail polish and a mascara (for my mum) and I've loved them all.


It's pretty much agreed throughout the blogging community that Lily Lolo has lovely packaging. It's modern, it's cute, it looks nice in your collection. I must admit that I've never been one to spend a lot on lipstick. My current collection is made up of £3.99 Barry M lippies mixed with various higher end brands I'd received as gifts. Although they've performed well enough for me, they will now be getting chucked out (sorry Barry M!) to make way for my new Lily Lolo shades. And at £8.99 they're still in budget!


Lily Lolo describe their lipsticks as "creamy", promising a "burst of radiant colour for beautiful and nourished lips". They felt luxurious on my lips, I've never tried a lipstick like it. If you're looking for a nourishing lipstick, you've found it. I purchased the shades "Rose Gold" (Left) and "French Flirt" (Right). I also purchased their Natural Lip Pencil in "Soft Nude". 

From top to bottom:

Lily Lolo's Natural Lip Pencil in "Soft Nude". It is a pigmented nude colour, although it doesn't look anywhere near as dark on my lips as it does against my skin. It works great alone or with nude toned lipstick.

Lily Lolo Natural Lipstick in "Rose Gold".

Lily Lolo Natural Lipstick in "French Flirt".

"Rose Gold" is a golden beige/nude tone, although it's debatable what "nude" actually is. My nude lips are a warm pink, so the shade still looks pink on me. You can always build the colour up with a few layers of course. I'm wearing this along with the "Soft Nude" lip pencil.

I think it seems a versatile, subtle shade and can see myself wearing this a lot.


"French Flirt" is probably closer to my "nude" lip colour. Its described as a warm, mid-toned red. Great for when you want a flush of colour, but perhaps not if you want a statement, berry lip. I have my eye on Scarlet Red, Desire and Berry Crush for that.


The thing I love about red toned lipsticks is that they always make my teeth look whiter. I never seem to suit corals and pinks too much (despite my fair skin), and perhaps that is why.


Overall I think these lipsticks are fantastic. The formula is moisturising and feels lovely to apply. They don't have a huge range of colours, but their current thirteen shades cover all the staples most people like to own. They layer well and last quite long if you're not eating or drinking. I know some people like lipsticks that don't budge, but I don't mind reapplying when needed. I did only have to reapply this once, after lunch, I would like to see their range of colours expanded, such as some darker nudes for darker skin tones.

I recommend them. Thanks again Lily Lolo x
Post Comment
Post a Comment