Bread Meats Bread, Veggie/Vegan Menu - Review

28 October 2016

Recently I heard that Bread Meats Bread, one of the most popular burger restaurants in Glasgow, had brought out a new vegetarian and vegan menu. I found myself in Glasgow looking for somewhere to eat recently and I just had to go and try it out.

I chose the BBQ Pulled Mushroom Bun after seeing a picture of it on Facebook. It promised "smoked and pulled oyster and portobello mushrooms with sweet peppers; smothered in smoky BBQ sauce and topped with coleslaw & fried onions". You can make it vegan by swapping the coleslaw for dressed, peppery leaves and tofu and miso sauce (I went with the swap).

It was delicious. The mushrooms had great texture, just a little chewy, and there was just enough sauce without being overpowered with BBQ. The peppered leaves were tasty and went well with the rest of the burger. If BBQ isn't your thing, the menu also offered to other veggie/vegan friendly burgers: the Beetroot & Baba' Falafel Burger and the Mexican Falafel Burger (both are on my to-try list).


Although the burger was the perfect size, I decided that I had to try something else. I ordered the caramelised sweet potato fries - with maple syrup, cayenne pepper and coconut oil. These may just be some of the best chips I have ever tasted and I'd encourage everyone to give them a try.


It's safe to say I sufficiently stuffed my belly and will be visiting them again in future to try out the rest of their vegan menu. Glasgow is known for being one of the friendliest vegetarian/vegan cities out there, but I'm glad places like Bread Meats Bread have a dedicated vegan section of the menu so my slightly more carnivorous friends don't complain when we're out for food.

Some of you may be wondering what this has to do with skincare. Well, admittedly burgers aren't going to do a whole lot for you, but eating a lot of veggies does. I became vegetarian earlier this year and I'm transitioning to vegan as I learn about what swaps to make where in my diet. Your diet can do so much for your health and I've felt so much better since I've started introducing more vegetables into my diet. I feel better, sleep better and my skin is the best it's been in years. Although I initially began to change my diet for ethical reasons, I've started researching into the health benefits and I certainly feel a big difference myself. I've decided to start sharing some of my favourite veggie/vegan eats on my blog as I've been sampling some amazing food recently and I love to share it with my readers.

Ps. Keep up with me on Instagram here
Post Comment
Post a Comment