Ocean Salt, Lush - Review

18 December 2015
Lush, Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub



My skin wasn't at its best last month when the temperature was creeping closer to the negatives, so I hit Lush for some advice. I wanted a "heavy duty" exfoliater to use on my body, and asked the assistant in Lush what their most effective exfoliater would be. "Ocean Salt" was their answer.

This is a strong exfoliater as it contains lots of fine and course sea salt, along with ingredients like lime and grapefruit.  There are currently four version of this available - "original", "self-preserving", "alcohol free" and "alcohol free and self-preserving". I went for the original, but would probably opt fort the "alcohol free and self-preserving" in future. 

Lush Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub

The look of this scrub remind me of breaking waves, which I have no doubt was intentional due to the name. The salty smell helped too, but the citrus is just as strong. I wouldn't recommend using this on your face as it is harsh, but it was great for scrubbing  up the rest of my body. I think a good exfoliater and lotion combo can work wonders for the skin. 

If you're looking for a strong exfoliater for the face, or have sensitive skin around your body, I'd opt for the "alcohol free and self-preserving" formula as it would be a lot kinder on the skin. Saying that, I would still recommend a softer facial exfoliater before this (and there's plenty in Lush's cleanser and face mask range). 

I wouldn't say this product is bad for the skin in any way, only that it is strong and shouldn't be overused. Aside from that, it feels like a treat straight from the sea. 
Post Comment
Post a Comment