Mineral Make Up, Lily Lolo - Review

19 December 2015
Discovering Mineral Make-up is one of the best things that has happened to my skin. It's helped my acne and redness heal, never looks "cakey" like heavy powders and liquids and always blends brilliantly with my skin tone.

When people hear mineral make-up they usually think of Bare Minerals. I started off with Bare Minerals, but then moved on to higher quality and less expensive brands. Lily Lolo is one of my favourites, and a brand I think everyone interested in make-up should try.

Lily Lolo Blush Away, Mineral Foundation and Peepo Colour Corrector

I'd say their stuff is around half the price of Bare Minerals. I've loved every product of theirs I've tried already. 

Pictured above (from left to right) is the Blush Away Colour Corrector (£8.49), Mineral Foundation SPF 15 (13.99) and Peepo Colour Corrector (£8.49).

Lily Lolo are also completely cruelty free and their products are kind on skin. You can pick up cheap samples from their website, and they do great kits if you already know your shade. Speaking of the shade range, they cater for a lot of skin types - from the fair porcelain to the deep tan. Check out their shade guide.


Lily Lolo Eye Primer, Eyebrow Duo and Mineral Foundation Sample

Pictured above (from top to bottom) Eye Primer (£8.99), Eyebrow Duo (£7.99), Mineral Foundation Sample (£1.49).

They have a great range of products covering staples such as foundation, blusher and lipsticks. If you are more adventurous with your make-up, they do great eye shadow pallets, setting sprays and shimmers.

Mineral Make-up is much kinder on your skin, as long as you ensure you are using minimal ingredient formulas. I'd opt for makes like Lily Lolo, Barefaced Beauty, Honeypie Minerals, Everyday Minerals or Meow Cosmetics over brands such as Bare Minerals or Mac. They are cheaper, have minimal ingredients and tend to have a superior quality. 

Always make sure you are applying mineral make-up correctly, especially foundations, or they will not work. Build in light layers by "buffing" the product into the skin. I like to start from the outside of my face and work inwards. The reason for this is because my T-zone can become oily, and I find the less product I put there the better it looks. Product is usually applied with a kabuki brush. I use eco tools, but many mineral brands sell their own. The brush can make all the difference with mineral make-up, so I'd make sure it's a good one. 

If definitely recommend looking into some mineral make-up brands and trying out some testers if you haven't already. The brands praised above are cruelty free, have minimal ingredients and most can be purchased online in the UK. They have saved my skin!
Post Comment
Post a Comment