Finding Cruelty Free Make Up - In Italy

3 December 2015
Rome, to be precise. I've been lucky enough to say goodbye to the Scottish December and hello to the Italian December for a week. All I can say is that it's passing by too quickly. It's averaging around 16/17 degrees here (a lot warmer than home). 

Ruins in Rome, Italy

I've noticed a fair number of makeup and beauty shops near the apartment when staying here, and tonight me and my mum ditched the guys for a little shopping. It's needless to say that checking out some of these shops was top of my list. 

Here are the combined makeup purchases of me and my mum. 

NIYO & CO, Young Blood and Kiko Makeup haul

On the far left is the Butter Pencil from NIYO & CO in "Beige". This make had a varied selection of products and colours, and at great prices. (this was only €4.90!) 

Next is the Lip Liner pencil from Young Blood in "Truly Red". It looks lovely on and I will be doing a post on it shortly. 

The rest of the products were all from a make called "Kiko", who had their own shop. I was overwhelmed at the amount of products and colours they had in store. The pricing was cheap, and so far the quality seems high. 

The store was beautiful inside, but when I pulled out my phone for a photo I was quickly told that photos weren't allowed. 

My mum picked up two lipsticks, a blusher, and a creamy glitter nail polish. All can be seen in the photo above. I picked up a pinky nailpolish and two eye shadows. I've decided to do a separate post on the eye shadows, so I'll only look at the other products here. 

Kiko Nail Lacquer

This nail lacquer was the perfect match for the lovely shade already on my nails. I got a polish done before I left for Rome and decided it's a shade I'd like to have myself. There seems to be no name for the colour on the bottle, but it should be on their website if interested. 

Kiko Shade Fusion Blusher

My mum was looking for a dupe of Benefit's "Sugarbomb" as she's went cruelty free. I think we found it today with Kiko's Shade Fusion Trio Blush in "03". When swiped on her hand in store it was very pigmented, but also blendable. 

Kiko Crystal Sheer and Luminous Chrome Lipstick

There were too many different lipstick and lipgloss formulas to count, but I really think they have something for everyone. It proved so for my mum who picked up these two - the Crystal Sheer Lipstick in "412" and the Luminous Chrome Lipstick in "702". Both colours do look lovely, and the casing is pretty too. 

To the best of my knowledge all these brands are cruelty free. Young Blood display a cruelty free logo on their box, and I researched the other two brands online whilst in store. 

Shopping cruelty free doesn't have to be hard, and it doesn't mean the quality of product will go down. Honestly, I've found it the opposite. 

So I hope you're enjoying your December, whatever country you're in! 

PS. Keep up with me on instagram here.
Post Comment
Post a Comment