Lush Rose Jam Solid Perfume - Review

15 September 2016

Solid Perfume is one of those products most people would first turn their nose up at - I know I did. Perfume, to me, wasn't something found in little tins. Perfume came in beautiful glass bottles to sit out on the dressing table and look pretty. I couldn't imagine using perfume any other way than spraying it delicately on my wrists, inner elbows and throats quickly in the morning. Yet now I find myself reaching for my solid varieties more often than the sprays. Why? 


Anyone out there who loves Lush as much as me undoubtedly knows of their great range of interesting perfumes. It can be quite the struggle to find cruelty-free perfumes, so I'm always glad to have Lush's range to fall back on. It was when in store one day that I noticed the unusual small little colour filled pots lying at the perfume isle, and soon a member of staff was rubbing them in turn on my wrists for me to have a sniff.


Well what do you know? Solid perfume wasn't all that bad, and it certainly could hold a scent. The first solid perfume I picked up was Lust, in case it wasn't apparent by the almost illegible scratched surface as I've used it for so long. Not everyone seems to like this scent, as it does smell strongly of Jasmine, but I love it. The perfume is red tinted, but after it's been rubbed in for a while you can't see anything - just be watchful if you're wearing light clothes. 

The second solid perfume I purchased was Rose Jam. Rose Jam is my absolute favourite Lush scent to date, and I first discovered it with their Rose Jam shower gel. I was lucky enough to snap up this exclusive perfume from the Lush kitchen earlier this year and I adore it! I'm not looking forward to the day it runs out.

So why do I love the solid variety of perfumes instead of the fragrance? Well, firstly they're so easy to pop into your bag when you're out. There's nothing worse than finding out that your favourite, expensive perfume has leaked all over your bag. I don't have to worry about that with these, and they take up far less room which is great if you're on a night out with a teeny tiny clutch bag.

Secondly, I actually feel like these smell stronger. Although in store I was advised to use their normal perfume in the morning and top up with these during the day, I actually feel like these perform better. Usually when I spray perfume I don't really smell it most of the day, but with these I enjoy catching whiffs of my favourite scents occasionally throughout the day.

And lastly, they last for ages. I don't know about you, but I seem to go through a bottle of perfume pretty quickly. With these I only need a little bit and they last much longer.

Perfume is a pretty personal thing and the "best" formula is entirely up to preference, but if you haven't tried a solid perfume yet why not consider giving one a go? Or at least a sniff in your local Lush store!

Ps. Keep up with me on Instagram here.
2 comments on "Lush Rose Jam Solid Perfume - Review"
  1. I absoloutely need to get a solid perfume because I am constantly moaning about my scent not lasting!
    Lovely post!
    L x
    thequietresolution.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive never been into the solid perfumes none of them ever really spoke out to me i didnt really like the smells but i love rose jam so maybe this will be nice

    www.beautyandtheboy.com

    ReplyDelete