My Autumn Beauty Wish List

5 September 2016
Autumn Beauty Wish List - NYX Lip Lingerie, Lily Lolo Cheek Duo, Jane Iredale 24K Gol Dust, Green People DD Cream, Barefaced Beauty Mascara, Lily Lolo Smoke and Mirrors Eye Palette, Taste Amazonian Clay Brow Gel, Barefaced Beauty Finishing Powder

There's some pretty exciting stuff happening in my life just now. I'm starting a new course after dropping out of university last year. I've got a new job in one of my favourite places. I've met a whole load of amazing people recently and my blog is beginning to take off. Although it's early September I can already feel the darker nights creeping in and soon enough the Autumn months will be upon us. Is there a better time for a fresh start or new beginnings? Anyway, with SAAS just round the corner I thought it was the perfect time to do an Autumn Beauty Wish List. Here are some products I've had my eye on for a while and I'll be no doubt picking up some of these in the coming months. 

Also, for my readers from elsewhere in Europe or from "across the pond", SAAS is where us Scots get our student loans from and the first payment is a biggie. So naturally we're all pretty excited to be irresponsible adults and spend it all straight away.
NYX Lip Lingerie


I still haven't managed to try one of these and everyone seems to be talking about them. My nude lips are quite rosy, so I thought the shade "Ruffle Trim" (described as a cinnamon pink) would be the perfect nude gloss for me.

Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse


The brown powder I've been using for my eyebrows is beginning to run low, so I've been looking at other products out there for a bit of a change. I've heard good things about this, and would like to see how well a mousse performs compared to a powder.
Jane Iredale 24-Karate Gold Dust

I don't know why I haven't tried any Jane Iredale products yet because they always get great reviews. My current highlighter from Everyday Minerals is running out and, although I love it, I want to try out some other brands. My blog would get pretty boring if I just kept reviewing the same products, right? I'd opt for this shade in silver as I think every other shade would be too dark for my pale skin.
Jane Iredale Circle/Delete Concealer Yellow

I did say these products got great reviews! I've heard good things about their circle/delete concealer and I always need something yellow to tackle my under-eyes. I'm assuming this would work well with my mineral makeup as the website says it "goes well" with their mineral foundation.
Green People Natural Tinted DD Cream in Ivory


I've never been a lover of BB,CC or DD creams (are there EE creams yet?), but I want to give them another chance. As I'm returning to college soon I daresay some mornings I just won't have the time to do a full face of makeup. I wonder if Green People's DD cream could be the time saver I'm looking for?

Barefaced Beauty Natural Mineral Lash Enhancing Mascara

I love my current Lily Lolo mascara, but it's running out and my curiosity is making me want to try something new. I noticed recently that Barefaced Beauty have a new mascara out and it's made its way onto my "to try" list. I would like to give this a go to see how it compares to Lily Lolo.

Barefaced Beauty Mineral Finishing Powder

Another repeated brand! I have tried their foundation before and I liked it, so my eye is currently on this. I'm not using any finishing powder at the moment (I can hear the makeup lovers gasping in shock), but their shade "Jasmine", which promises an "Illuminating, dewy finish" has caught my attention. After all, a matte finish doesn't seem to be the style anymore.
Lily Lolo Naked Pink Cheek Duo

These little compacts look great for travelling or sticking in your hand bag for touch ups. They do two other shades, but I think the naked pink one would be best to give my skin a natural looking flush of colour when on the go.

Lily Lolo Smoke & Mirrors Eye Palette

Yes, I'm slowly edging myself into the world of eye shadow and my recent experience with The Body Shop's new eye palettes has left me eager to try more. I've known about Lily Lolo's eye palettes for a while and I think this mix of day and night colours would be perfect to experiment with.

As always all of these brands are cruelty free. If you're looking to start switching to cruelty free brands, I'd definitely recommend checking out some of the above!

PS. Keep up with me on Instagram here
Post Comment
Post a Comment