Nettle cream, The Caurnie Soaperie - Review

1 February 2016
My eczema was terrible as a child, but now it only seems to flare up for a month or two a every year. I have no idea what causes it, so it always manages to sneak up on me. I just have to grin and bear it until it decides to leave again, but that doesn't mean I can't make its visit more pleasant. 



Last year I discovered this Nettle Moisturiser cream at a local farmers market, specially designed for eczema sufferers by The Caurnie Soaperie. It soothed my itchy, dry skin and set my skin back on the road to recovery. The cream is thick, and for the two months of near constant use I still hadn't finished the small jar I had. 



For those who have never suffered from eczema or similar skin conditions it can be painful and, for me, extremely itchy. Products from the pharmacist and doctors barely seem to help, and can be dangerous as too much can sometimes irritate or thin the skin (so they warn). I can use as much of this cream as I want with no ill effect, and my brother even picked up the full size jar to use himself.


I checked the ingredient list on Skin Deep and they all had great scores.


It may seem ironic, or implausible, that a plant that causes rashes can be used to treat them, but nettle is the exact reason these products work so great. Nettle is packed with minerals and vitamins, is anti-inflammatory, astringent (helps tighten the skin) and bactericidal (kills bacteria). 

Even if you don't suffer from eczema the cream is wonderfully soothing. It's great for when your skin needs a little extra moisture, or a helping hand with some healing. I finished it off as a night cream and would recommend it.



Post Comment
Post a Comment