The Body Shop, Down To Earth Eye Palette - Review

31 August 2016
The Body Shop, Down to Earth Eye Shadow Makeup Palette

Last night I attended a bloggers event at The Body Shop's Sauchiehall street store, Glasgow. It was the perfect opportunity for me to find out more about their new "Down To Earth" eye palettes I've had my eye on.

The Body Shop, Down to Earth Eye Shadow Makeup Palette

There are currently six of these palettes out: five quads and one larger palette with eight shades. The five quads come in Smoky Brown (pictured above), Smoky Plum, Smoky Gold, Smoky Grey and Smoky Black and are £15 each. The larger palette seems to be a mixture of  the above and is £22. These eye shadows are vegan and, like all of The Body Shop's products, cruelty free. The eye shadows also pop out of the casing so you can mix and match the colours. I've also heard that they will be releasing these eye shadows as singles in the future too - perfect if you want your own custom palette.

The Body Shop Eye Shadow Makeup Palettes in store

At first glance the shades are beautiful. Smoky Brown caught my eye right away, but I would describe it as more of a nude-pink palette than brown. The colours looked very wearable and offered that subtle pop of colour that could take you from day to night. Think Urban Decay's naked palettes.

One of the lovely assistants at the store event quickly used this palette on my eyes to show me what it could do. I was sold right away. These eye shadows are a lot more pigmented than The Body Shop's current range of singles and are easy to build and blend for your desired look. When I commented on how these shades reminded me of Urban Decay's naked palettes I was told they're made by the same people - exciting.

Swatches of the Down to Earth Eye Shadow Makeup Palette

From top to bottom: Oregon Sunstone, Peru Clay, Sienna Dust, Idaho Jasper

Today I decided to try them out for myself. I am by no means an expert at makeup and eye shadow is something I really struggle with. Saying that, I found these eye shadows great to work with. They can be built up easily, blended easily, and they still look good right now after a few hours of wear. So if you're like me and struggle with the eyes, don't be scared to try these out!

Makeup look created with the Down to Earth Eye Shadow Makeup Palette
Makeup look created with the Down to Earth Eye Shadow Makeup Palette

Overall I would definitely recommend these eye shadows. Not only are they cruelty free and vegan, they're great value, great to work with and have good lasting power.

In the picture above I am wearing:

Aloe Vera Gel - primer
Everyday Minerals Colour Corrector in Green - Face
Everyday Minerals Colour Corrector in Yellow - Undereyes
Everyday Minerals Foundation in Fair - Face
Everyday Minerals Blusher in Tea Rose - Cheeks
Everyday Minerals All Over Shimmer in Hint - Highlight
The Body Shop Down to Earth Eye Palette in Smoky Brown - Eyes
Barry M Blink Precision Eyeliner - Eyes
Lily Lolo Natural Mascara - Lashes
Bare Minerals Loose Eye shadow in Taupe - Brows
Lily Lolo Natural Lipstick in French Flirt - Lips
Natural Rosewater - Setting Spray

PS. Keep up with me on Instagram here.
Post Comment
Post a Comment