Lily Lolo Nail Polish - Review

4 July 2016
So I've recently arrived home from a short trip to Paris and, admittedly, my blog has been a little neglected. So to get things back on track I decided to review one of Lily Lolo's new products, their 8-free nail polish.
Lily Lolo 8-free nail polish

Lily Lolo have impressed me with their new releases recently, although I haven't been able to try them all as my budget can't keep up! I've unfortunately found myself unemployed after my Au Pair family sadly cancelled our contract early due to their personal circumstances. Visiting Paris again made me miss the french countryside.

So what is 8-free nail polish? It just means it's free of 8 of the "nasty" ingredients usually found in nail polish. Not everyone will agree on what exactly is too nasty for nails, so I'll leave that up to debate. I ordered the nail polish in "soft coral", a wearable, everyday shade of light pink.

My nails with lily lolo's 8-free nail polish

I don't paint my nails often anymore. Most of my time is spent drawing, typing or on my hands and knees playing with my rabbits. Groomed nails can get in the way and are the least of my concerns. As I've previously said,  most days I'll only wear a little makeup and brush through my hair (if I leave the house, that is). Why am I blabbering on about this? Just to let you know that I'm not too good at painting my nails.

That being said, the nail polish went on lovely. It wasn't "gloopy" as I expected - probably because it was 8-free. The formula actually didn't seem any different from other nail brands I've tried, such as Barry M or Nails INC (that's about how far I've ventured into nail polish). Again I'm no expert, but the formula gets a thumbs up from me.

My nails with lily lolo's 8-free nail polish

I hate waiting on nail polish to dry, but I decided it was worth it for my friends wedding last month. When applying the first coat I was doubting whether it would work - it was very light and looked streaky. After the first coat dried the streaks disappeared, and after a second coat the colour was nice and solid. I couldn't resist snapping a few pictures for my blog.

I'd say the polish lasts for 5-7 days, perhaps with some small chips if you're as clumsy as I am. I'm currently on day 10 and I probably should have taken it off by now. Maybe tomorrow...

So to my readers out there, would you consider trying this cruelty free, 8-free nail polish? Or do you have another favourite cruelty free brand for your nails? I'd love to hear about it!

PS. Keep up with me on Instagram here.
Post Comment
Post a Comment