DIY Natural Oat, Lavender and Chamomile Face Scrub

17 July 2016
I love a good DIY beauty product, and one of my favourites so far has been my DIY face scrub.

It's so easy to make, is gentle on the skin and offers a mild exfoliation.  This recipe is inspired by one of my favourite Lush products, Angels on Bare Skin.

My DIY natural oat, lavender and facial scrub

Ingredients before blending

What you need:

Organic Oats
Dried Herbs (I use Lavender and Chamomile from Woodland Herbs)

To make:

Simply put all the ingredients in a blender or grinder. It's up to you with how much you want to make. Blend until the ingredients have become a powder and store in a tub or jar.

To use:

Wet face with warm water and take a pinch of the scrub. Mix with a little hot water in your palm until it becomes a paste, and massage into your face. Wash off with warm water.

The ground lavender and chamomile calm and soothe skin while the ground oats exfoliate. This is great for even sensitive skin, and I use it everyday.


My DIY natural oat, lavender and chamomile facial scrub in jars

I love using lavender and use dried lavender or lavender oil in a lot of my creations. Do you have any favourite DIY ingredients you love to use in products? I'd love to hear!

PS. Keep up with me on Instagram here.
2 comments on "DIY Natural Oat, Lavender and Chamomile Face Scrub"
  1. Great idea! I already use oats as my go to scrub and love Angels on Bare Skin so will definitely give this a go x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd love to hear how it goes for you :) x

      Delete