Herbalism, Lush - Review

1 December 2015
Firstly, I'm going to apologise in advanced for the appearance of some of my Lush products. I have a box and a bag that I keep them all in, and things tend to get a little worn.

Now that's out of the way, I'd like to talk about a wonderful cleanser/exfoliater I've been using from Lush. 


Herbalism Lush - Review

Herbalism, I'm led to believe, is best for combination and oily skin types. It does lightly exfoliate, which is ideal for us with combination skin that sometimes needs a bit of a scrub. Herbalism, along with some other Lush cleansers, has a unique type of "formula". It appears as a green paste and has a strong, earthy scent. 

Herbalism Lush - Review

To use I simply pinch a small amount from the tub, splash some hot water over it and rub it between my hands until it becomes a "milky" texture. Then I  lightly massage it onto my face. I use this after removing any make-up or dirt with olive oil (it's great!). 

So what do I think of herbalism? I've been using it for around 4 months now and I do enjoy it. It isn't a miracle product that gives me amazing skin overnight, but it has noticeably reduced my oiliness. The gentle exfoliation isn't harsh, and keeps skin soft (and slightly red, if you're as pale as I am). It doesn't leave your skin with that "squeaky clean" feeling either, which I'm personally not a fan of. I don't want to strip my skin of everything

Personally I would recommend this as a cleanser, as I did repurchase. What I would recommend first is reading up on their other similar formulas, such as "Angels on Bare Skin", "Let the Good Times Roll", "Dark Angels" or even the limited edition "Bûche de Nöel". The pasty/milky formulas seem to work great on skin, and each of the different cleansers offer their own benefits. Find yours!

PS. Keep up with me on instagram here.
Post Comment
Post a Comment